Wednesday 6 May 2009

waking up with the birds

6/05/2009

Week 15. What a wonderful number. I am almost half way through my pregnancy and closer to the day I discover if I rightly call my bump Ella Ruby Rose (Gender scan booked 11th June). Moreover, I haven’t been sick for ages and the other day I actually felt the proper “butterfly flutter” down my belly, which is amazing news.

However, there is something new on the horizon on this wonderful gestation. Last week a new pattern emerged: Every morning I tend to wake up earlier and earlier than normal. It started last Wednesday when I woke up at a weird 6:30am (my alarm was set for 7:30am) and every day after that I would wake up earlier and earlier, until last morning when I heard the birds singing at an amazing time of 4am!

The thing is I can’t get back to sleep after that, resulting to early lunches and two-hour naps during the day. Then, I will fall asleep on the sofa as soon as Arun puts a film on at 22:00, and then wake up at midnight to brush teeth and go to bed.

This wouldn’t be a problem if I wasn’t working, but I am on a job again tomorrow with a new client and I wouldn’t want to start yawning in the middle of an edit! :p

I am wondering if this is my baby’s way of preparing me of what’s to come when she join us in October. If it is, she is doing a great job so far! Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.