Monday 2 November 2009

40 weeks 6 days and grumpy

This morning I woke up very grumpy. Contractions woke me up during the night (as they usually do, for the past week) and I was getting hot flushes, making me so sweaty that I thought my water broke and I thought, maybe this is it!

But nope. Here I am, typing away, still playing the waiting game.

Did I say I am very grumpy today?

The curry smell in the kitchen from last night annoyed me. I opened all the windows and sprayed the whole place with air freshener (environmentally friendly, don't worry) and gave DH angry looks, 'cause he was just being there, on his laptop, smiling at me. I urged him to go to his office and be out of my sight, cause he annoys me too much. He obliged. Good boy. I don't think he had a choice. Crazy overdue pregnant lady, ready to erupt like a million years old volcano.

Is it my fault baby is not coming? Am I doing something wrong? Is it because of my SPD and can't walk too much? Had enough sex and man juices for a lifetime, swallowed chilies, ravished my pineapple, bounced on my ball. Nothing.

OK, I know, "you are not really overdue until you reach 42 weeks" but seriously, I've had enough now. And the worry when baby is not active [at all times] in there, that maybe something is wrong with him, it's extremely frustrating. I just want him out now, to see him breathing for real!

Every night, as soon as I get "regular" tightenings/contractions/whatever, I do my hair, make sure my toe nails are still polished nicely, check everything is trimmed and groomed. And then wait. Always ready. I climb into bed and look at myself in the mirror. This maybe the last time I see this giant ball of a bump, the size of two watermelons: